We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Your donation helps us help others.
Founded in Easton, Pa., in 2010, Shanthi Project teaches more than 1,000 therapeutic yoga classes throughout the Lehigh Valley each year to hundreds of at risk-youth and trauma survivors, including children in the foster care system, veterans and the incarcerated. Through controlled movement, breathing and meditation, students learn valuable coping and life skills that cultivate self-awareness, enhance self-esteem and promote positive emotions, helping them establish healthy and productive relationships with themselves, their families and their communities. Shanthi Project also supports and participates in scientific research on how yoga benefits trauma survivors, and its approach has been proven to reverse the effects that emotional and physical trauma has on the brain.
Shanthi Project’s teachers are skilled and compassionate, and have received specialized training in therapeutic yoga, including how to work with at-risk youth and those who have survived emotional and physical trauma.
- Acceptance – Our classes are a judgment-free zone, allowing the students to fully express their thoughts and feelings without fear.
- Compassion – We treat all of our students with the respect and kindness they deserve but often have not received in their lives.
- Collaboration – We value our relationships with the communities, partners and donors who support our students and us.
- Quality – Our teachers are highly skilled professionals, trained in therapeutic practices and deeply committed to our mission.
- Commitment – We are dedicated to providing consistent service to our students, as well as helping build a healthy and thriving community.